Get your passports out, ‘Travel’ is the theme for our annual Facebook photography competition for 2018.
Stuffed suitcases, speeding tuk tuks, bustling train stations or airline food, all just some of the features of the exciting world of travel. But so is exploring the pyramids of Egypt, hiking the Inca trail to Machu Picchu or taking a steamboat down the Mississippi.
What have you done over the last year? Do you have a great travel picture that could place you inside WTSDN’s winner’s circle this year?
This post about different modes of transport may help with some ideas.
The Travel Photography Competition on WTSDN
First of all, prizes!
Top three will win one of our cool, St Helena souvenir t-shirts or one of our brand new St Helena baseball caps.
Competition ends at 11am on Monday 8 October, 2018, winners announced at 12 noon, GMT.
Entry is free for anyone who has signed up to follow our blog or clicked the Page ‘Like’ on our Facebook Page.
Photographs submitted for the competition will be posted on our Facebook page. Winning pictures will be determined by those that receive the most ‘Likes’ plus comments.
The History of WTSDN’s Photography Competition
What The Saints Did Next was launched in two stages. First our Facebook Page on 8 October 2014, followed by the website/blog itself which went live on 10 January, 2015. So we sort of have two birthdays!
To celebrate our Facebook birthday each year, we hold a photography competition for our followers – What The Saints Did Next is all about photography after all.
We choose a theme then post all pictures that are submitted and our followers/visitors become the judges by clicking the ‘Like’ button on their favourites. The three pictures with the most ‘Likes’ will win fab prizes of St Helena t-shirts and baseball caps. Easy peasy.
Basic rules: Max 3 entries per person, short photo caption/description and date of capture required, photographs only from 1 January 2017 – 8 Oct 2018 and nothing too naughty. Photographer’s name will be published.
Travel Photography Competition 2018 – Rules
Rules of entry for photographers:
- Theme for photographs: Travel.
- You must have taken the photo and have permission to use it by anyone who appears in the image. Photographer’s name will be displayed with each photo.
- Each entry must include a short caption/description of the picture, including date taken.
- Photograph must have been taken anytime from 1 January 2017 to 8 Oct 2018. (No cheating)
- Keep it friendly, legal and clean! WTSDN have final decision on suitability of entries.
- Winners chosen from pictures with most ‘Likes’ plus comments on WTSDN’s Facebook.
- You may enter either 1, 2 or 3 pictures – but no more than three. Submit entries via the entry form here on the blog.
- By entering the competition, photographers give permission for their images to be published in WTSDN’s annual Breeze e-magazine.
Submissions being accepted now. The gallery of entered images will become available for viewing and voting from Sunday 16 September, 2018.
The competition is open to all email followers of WTSDN blog or our Facebook Page, anywhere in the world.
Competition closes at 11am on Monday 8 October 2018.
Organisers’ decisions final on submissions and results (that’s us! WTSDN).
That’s it! We look forward to receiving your travel images.